Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What You Will Learn
By the end of this lesson you will be able to:
- Choose a topic that is appropriate for the assignment
- Create a research statement
- Identify the keywords or main ideas from your topic
Use the purple tabs at the top of the page to view the lesson and complete the quiz.
- Check audio on your computer or have headphones ready
- Some activities use Java. You can download it for free here.
Tips for Choosing a Topic
Selecting an appropriate topic can be challenging. Make sure you have a good understanding of your assignment and choose something interesting to you!
Watch this short video to learn more about choosing a topic. (*you will need to adjust the volume on this video)