Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What You Will Learn
By the end of this lesson you will be able to:
- Apply a basic process to your library research
- Identify ways to get help from the librarians
Check audio on your computer or have headphones ready.
Current news and events can be a good place to look for a research topic. Watching the world news or reading local newspapers will give you a handle on what's going on and help generate topic ideas!
Visit our Newspapers and Current Events guide to search in our newspaper database.
Click on Databases by Subject > Newspapers and Current Events.
Step by Step Approach to Library Research
Watch this short video to learn more about library research.
When working on a research topic keep the following in mind:
- Make sure the topic meets the requirements of the assignment
- Look at current trends or issues within the subject area you are focusing on
- Schedule a research appointment with a librarian or contact them using the chat if you need additional help