Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
OATYC Goes Green
The 2013 OATYC conference at Stark State College will navigate along the green pathway, as the event incorporates environmentally friendly practices. Attendees are encouraged to carpool to the conference and bring their own reusable water bottles, as filtered water stations will be available.
Here are some of the other environmentally responsible practices you'll experience:
- Hosting conference in a facility targeting LEED Gold Certification-the building uses less energy and water than a conventional building
- Recycling stations are located throughout the conference facility
- Read our Green Building Case Study
Conference Program, Note pads and Banner
- Printed on recycled paper using soy-based inks at a Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified facility
- QR Codes on the day of the conference will allow attendees to access the conference program on their mobile device.
- Catering services provided by local business
- Vegetarian options available
- Using reusable china, glassware, and linens to limit and divert waste from landfills